2017 Pee Wee Team Roster
Head Coach: Jay Hoyord
Monday 8/14, Tuesday 8/15, Thursday 8/17 (5:30-8pm) - FULL pads. Monday 8/21, Tuesday 8/22, Thursday 8/24 (5:30-8pm) - FULL pads.
The middle school football team is starting football this week so all fields will be used before us. Let make sure our kids are staying off the fields until a field opens up for us.
Game Info: This next Saturday, Aug. 19, iis our first game in Almond at noon. Please have players at the Almond High School football field at 11 a.m.
At the Pee Wee level we try to enhance the kids knowledge and skills of the game while keeping the kids excited about playing football. Here are a few goals for the players, parents and coaches this year and the practice schedule below.
Goals for plays:
- Learn more about the game of football
- Build self-confidence
- Fight through adversity
- Be a team player
- Practice/play hard
- Stay focused throughout practice/game
- Be respectful to others
- Come ready to learn at practice
- Communicate with coaches, be honest on your health
- Let coaches know if you can’t attend practice/game
- Challenge yourself to get better
Expectation for parents:
- Let the coaches coach your child. It gets very confusing as a player when coaches are trying to coach and parents are coaching from sidelines or stands.
- Be punctual to practice /games afterwards.
- Try to be at practice fields 5-10 before the end of practice so kids are not waiting. I understand work schedule are difficult just let coaches know if you might have difficulty getting to practice on time.
- Games: The 4th quarter of the game before us each player has to weigh in and if a player is not present the league rules enforce the player to sit out a half of football. I typically request players be at the game field 1hr prior to the start of our game so players can get ready and participate in warmups.
- Communicate with coaches on missing practice or games.
- Be positive around the players and coaches. The kids observe a lot of things and we want them to have fun and learn.
Expectations for coaches
- We are here for the kids
- Be respectful to all players, parents, referees, staff, coaches, board members, etc.
- Help the players learn the game and be positive.
- Safety is our number one priority.
- If player seems to have head injury, the coaches are removing child from participating in practice/game. Player will be out of practices and games until coaches receive a doctor’s permission slip to return.
- All injuries will be evaluated by the coaches or medical staff at games and determine the next steps.
- This is just Pee Wee football and it is not worth pushing a player to come back and play before they are ready too.
- Be available and answer questions or concerns from parents or players.